A New Approach to Prenatal Testing
NIPT Case Report
High-risk patient considering an invasive procedure
- 38-year-old woman with history of infertility who conceived via in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Genetic counseling to discuss testing options
- Invasive test – fearful of procedural loss
- verifi® prenatal test
- Patient elects the verifi® prenatal test
- Chromosome 21 – no aneuploidy detected
- Chromosome 18 – no aneuploidy detected
- Chromosome 13 – no aneuploidy detected
- Normal ultrasound
- Patient comfortable declining invasive testing due to high sensitivity of verifi® prenatal test and normal ultrasound result. Procedural risks avoided.
Our Client Services group is on site and readily available along with certified genetic counselors to provide knowledgeable, timely support.
Call Verinata at: